FULL PRACTICE SETUP
BHC has set up a number of new private medical practices on the Central Coast of NSW for both GP and non-GP owners – see examples below:
Practice 1 –
Long term established General Practice in a small village on Brisbane Water, which had been providing services for over 30 years, reluctantly closed its doors in 2014 due to retirement and relocation of the GPs.
A local dentist identified the opportunity to once again provide a medical practice in the area and set about developing a new medical practice with 6 consulting rooms, treatment room and pathology.
The practice opened 1st July 2014 and achieved full accreditation within the first six months.
Practice 2 –
New practice in beachside suburb of Terrigal – completed August 2017.
Two Registered Nurses with extensive hospital and general practice experience identified the need for an addition medical practice and purchased ground floor space in a brand new commercial / residential building. At completion of fit out the practice has 6 consulting rooms, large treatment room with pathology and allied health services onsite.
Practice 3 –
New Skin Cancer and General Practice – completed February 2017.
A local GP with an interest in skin cancer identified the need for further skin cancer services in the Erina area and secured a large ground floor commercial space with main road frontage. At completion the practice has 6 consulting rooms, 3 procedure rooms, large treatment room with pathology and allied health services onsite.
BHC was invited to assist the owners of these practices every step of the way, from floor plan stage through to opening date and beyond.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Advertising and recruitment of GPs, nursing staff and administrative staff
- All employment documentation and contracts for GPs and staff to ensure all legislative and legal requirements are met
- Negotiations with allied health providers and pathology to provide onsite services
- Advice and practical assistance on equipment purchase, medical supplies, IT consultant, fees structure and insurances
- Writing of policy and procedure manuals and other required manuals
- Training of staff in practice management system (PMS)
- Preparation for accreditation and application for PIP
- Ongoing onsite assistance / training to the owners, GP’s and staff before and after opening date.